Thursday, August 22, 2013

Penney's Cross-Country Trip: Leg 1



You can view my photos of the first leg of my move from Marin County, California to Ormond Beach, FL at:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151617203392572.1073741828.730037571&type=1&l=194bd25573

I began by staying with my longtime, dear friend, author Carol Adrienne, for a few days at her home in El Cerrito, CA. I really needed the recuperation time, as I was deeply exhausted from the pressure of packing a house almost entirely by myself. We went to see Woody Allen's new film, Blue Jasmine, which we both loved!

I stopped first for a few days to visit with Terri Jentz, in Ojai. She is the author of the powerful book, Strange Piece of Paradise. I met Ellen Hall, director of Meditation Mount, a learning center in Ojai. She and Terri and I hiked up to see Whale Rock and Dolphin Rock at dusk. Fantastic!

I then spent a bit over a week in Los Angeles teaching a workshop and doing private sessions for some of the grad students from the University of Santa Monica Spiritual Psychology program. In Los Angeles I stayed in Tarzana with Joyce Averna, and Judi Glova from Beverly Hills was instrumental in organizing everything for the program. Thank you, thank you! It was a blast. All the participants were so open-minded and accustomed to looking deep into themselves. I also met with John Raatz, who helped found GATE, the Global Alliance for Transformational Entertainment. I will be working with them as plans come together.

No comments: