We might also look at the transformation of entertainment media by understanding the stages of the personal transformation process‚ since the same stages occur in organizations and groups. There is a roadmap; I outlined nine steps in great depth in my book Frequency: The Power of Personal Vibration. Here is an abbreviated summary.
1. Spirit Merges with Body, Emotions, and Mind: The physical and nonphysical realities are beginning to be able to see and feel each other as the vibration of the world rises, bringing us closer to the vibration of spirit. Now there is more bleed-through from higher dimensions. Note the increase in psychic, spiritual, sci-fi, extraterrestrial, and superhero themes in the media.
2. The Frequency of Life Increases in Every Way, Everywhere: Our bodies are vibrating faster, and we're experiencing discomfort, irritability, and physical symptoms like increased heat, rashes, heart-pounding, insomnia, hyperactivity, and electrical buzzing. Everything is speeding up and becoming more intense. We can try cocooning, or just become addicted to the adrenaline. How about a shoot em up movie with lots of loud crashes, bloody murders, and lightning fast edits? Media becomes escapism and a method of distraction.
3. The Personal and Collective Subconscious Mind Empties: There isn't really a place for low vibrational fear beliefs to hide anymore since the vibration of the whole physical plane has increased. That means what used to be able to be suppressed and denied is now released into the conscious mind and becomes the stuff of daily life. Collective subconscious fears surface as dramatic events in the news. This amount of freely circulating subliminal fear and ugliness can be very disturbing. Reality TV, anyone? If we can't suppress it, let's get into it!
4. We Retrench, Refortify, Resist, and Resuppress: The ego doesn't want to face fear, so it reacts with various avoidance and control mechanisms designed to resuppress the dread and anxiety. Here's where we get conservative politicians stonewalling any real progress for the people, and entertainment executives repeating mindless formulas for programming that worked once in the past. Just keep making money, maintain power and dominance, and avoid change. Keep everyone else addicted and in fear, so you can feel free to do whatever you want.
5. Old Structures Break Down and Dissolve: We can only resist so long before the water that built up behind the dam breaks through. What used to work doesn't work anymore. Logic, cause-and-effect thinking, will power, goal-setting, and having too much hierarchy and fixed structure becomes outdated. People feel disillusioned and hopeless, but at the same time, innovation breaks through! The old fades down while the new rises through every crack. With the entertainment industry this may look like: people not going to movie theatres anymore, the old formulas for making money with film failing to produce the same results, actors becoming disillusioned with what's available for them to do, and writers feeling sickened by the violence and negative ideas they have been spreading throughout the world.
6. We Enter the Void and Find Our Truest Self: We tire of resisting and striving; we reach the "end of progress." Nothing works. We stop identifying with ego, let the ego "die." We let go and simply be with what is. We enter the silence and spaciousness, feel into life, experience communion with spirit and higher-frequency realities. We remember who we really are and return to a natural sense of joy and inspiration. An actor, writer, director, or producer goes through a soul-searching, life-changing experience and allows the "world to stop" and be reinvented.
7. We Re-emerge into the World Like the Phoenix: We begin a new cycle of creativity based on easy flow from spirit to matter. Our creations find a home, we inspire others and set good examples. Here is where the transformational stories actually get made, where new forms of communication begin to influence the forms of the media. Here is where a new motivation for a new kind of spiritually-based content takes hold. No longer do people want to numb themselves or distract themselves‚ they want full consciousness and for entertainment to provide a virtual experience of love and healing.
8. Relationship, Family, and Group Experience Is Revolutionized: Now we realize we don't have to do everything alone, we have tremendous support to fulfill our destiny, because it's a win-win-win proposition. Competition is a thing of the past, mutual support is in. We experience a convening, where people of like vibration simply appear in our field, and we appear in theirs. We gather with our soul groups to cocreate fun things that serve each other and the planet. Our talents fit together perfectly like puzzle pieces. New production companies spring up, formed by actors and directors who are friends and who may write together or dream together. New talent is encouraged, new forms are tended.
9. Enlightenment Is Grounded into Every Bit of Matter: As we identify as the soul and merge the physical and nonphysical realities, the physical plane itself becomes enlightened and "transparent." We may see nonphysical beings as plain as day, we may be capable of tremendous new human abilities that have always been thought to be supernatural. For the entertainment industry, we may see a merging of previously separate forms of art. We may see virtual immersion media experiences and totally new, telepathic forms of film. Meditation and inner journeying may be the new form of entertainment! Everything is possible.
I know from my experience teaching intuition to executives, that there is little success going into their offices, where they're dressed formally in suits sitting behind square desks in hard surfaced rooms lit by fluorescent lights. There they are right and I have something to prove. The energy flow is against the whole proposition. It's the same with trying to change the entertainment industry from the top down. The kind of transformation we want must seep in without seeming threatening; it must in fact seem like the next exciting thing. We must create a hub of private enthusiasm and activity outside the norm, "over there," so those within the establishment will become like curious children, and come peeking over the fence. We simply need to remain in our "home frequency‚"the experience of our soul in our body, or our preferred state. We are the thought leaders, the innovators, the healers of people and crippled inner blueprints.