Friday, May 9, 2014

It's Always Autumn Somewhere on Earth

IN AUTUMN

The Perceiver in me
is weary of old conversations made of concepts
and brilliant insights that fortify or blame;
Opinions are boring, problems laughable,
kneejerk reactions so unnecessary.
The story does not want to be told again.
It is exhausted and grey,
words will not clump or rise to be animated,
the puppet has died.
These eyes and ears turn in
to the peace that dwells in cells.

A preference exerts itself:
wide-open awareness like vast virgin landscapes,
puppy love, naïve exploration of the small and the ordinary.
The Perceiver ignores the things of the world
to notice the things of the world.

The leaves are yellow and falling from the elm
early this year,
Their falling brings the silence,
reminds me that I crave calm low light.
Apricot glow.
The minimal.
The economical.
Simple presence.
And I can rest.
I can love.
I can live on love alone
and breathe
and be

and that's the magic carpet
I shall ride out on.

Copyright by Penney Peirce 20

4 comments:

Ann Stumble said...

Interesting, you wrote on this website about 11:11 intuitive thoughts on the subject and this blog was done at 1:11. Just an observation. I have a question. I have read Frequency and just completed Leap of Perception which display an incredible ability of using the words of the English language to explain this subject so beautifully. What is your thoughts on astrology and psychic readings, tarot cards as the universe pushes forward in the intuitive age? I feel that as each soul starts to become transparent and understand there own inner blueprint and inner awareness; just as religions will dissolve, so will this realm of seeking inspiration from outside the inner perceiver.

Ann Stumble said...

Interesting, you wrote on this website about 11:11 intuitive thoughts on the subject and this blog was done at 1:11. Just an observation. I have a question. I have read Frequency and just completed Leap of Perception which display an incredible ability of using the words of the English language to explain this subject so beautifully. What is your thoughts on astrology and psychic readings, tarot cards as the universe pushes forward in the intuitive age? I feel that as each soul starts to become transparent and understand there own inner blueprint and inner awareness; just as religions will dissolve, so will this realm of seeking inspiration from outside the inner perceiver.

malik aayan said...

i m feel so happy when read your blog which provide so good & informatics content Thanks for sharing Such as information.Solar Panels for sale

Deb said...

Thank you Penney. This poem leaves me with a resounding Yes!